Terms of service
§ 1 - Scope
The offer of isms-connect.com is aimed exclusively at business customers (companies, legal entities, persons under public law). Private customers are excluded.
The offer at https://isms-connect.com is provided by:
Owner: Christopher Eller
Berliner Allee 65
Last update: 15.03.2022
§ 2 - Offer
- The products offered are information & consulting services on information security standards like ISO® 27001.
- Access to all content, links and resources is provided through a login generated during the order process in an online portal.
- The different plans contain different level of available information & services. Please refer to the “Price” page for comparison.
- The information offered in the portal is regularly updated, renewed and replaced.
- The content is changed based on new standards, findings or changed best practices.
- The information can be downloaded at any time if permanent access to a single version of the knowledge base is desired.
- The provision of older & replaced content by ISMS Connect cannot be guaranteed.
§ 2.1 - Documents & Guides
- The part “Documents” & “Guides” of our offer contains information in the form of document templates & self guided online guides.
- The information is available in typical file formats (ZIP, PDF, XLSX, DOCX, HTML).
- Content contains recommendations on how certain courses of action could be implemented in business practice. These are courses and information which are processed in chronological order to gain knowledge about information security typical for the industry.
§ 2.2 - Connect
- It is an online forum (Provider: Slack) where ISMS Connect users can exchange information among each other. Consultants access this forum frequently to answer unanswered questions.
- The forum is moderated to ensure a polite interaction and to limit the discussion to information security.
- Access to the forum can therefore be restricted temporarily or permanently if this is required by the moderation.
- It is not permitted to use the forum for the purpose of customer acquisition or self-advertising unless you are directly requested to do so (e.g. the request to post open job offers).
§ 2.3 - Consultation
- If booked, it is possible to access consultants directly via email or chat.
- This is a contact option to ask any questions about the product or isms standards.
- Answers will be given to the best of our knowledge and belief, a response time cannot be guaranteed.
- A written support does not replace an actual personal consultation with a reasonable amount of time.
- We appoint a regular and weekly “expert round” that anyone who booked consultation can join to exchange questions and knowledge with consultants and other customers.
- When we fail to provide an appointment repeatedly, you can contact us for a free 30 minute personal consulting session.
- In addition to the plans a personal consultation can be booked.
§ 3 - Payment and subscription
- As the offer is directed exclusively at business customers, the prices are net prices. The value added tax is shown in the shopping cart of the online shop as well as in the order confirmation.
- All plans offered for access to the ISMS Connect platform are subscriptions. Renewal is automatic according to the agreed period.
- The “Plus” and “Pro” Plan is a yearly subscription. After minimum runtime of one year, the subscription renews for an additional year. You can cancel the yearly renewal by contacting us before the subscription renews.
- ISMS Connect offers payment by payment service provider (e.g. Stripe for credit card and SEPA direct debit or also Paypal). This is to offer a simplified process. However, there is no claim to one of these payment methods.
- If payment at the time of ordering or automatic renewal of the subscription is not possible with the means offered (e.g. due to a change of provider, technical problems or rejection of your payment method by the payment service provider), payment must be made immediately to the account indicated on the invoice (e.g. by bank transfer).
- After ordering, an e-mail is automatically sent out containing the necessary login data for the portal (name, URL).
- Access to the platform, like any technical platform, may be restricted by problems. If, within a billing cycle of one month, unavailability occurs for a total of more than 10% of days, this period will be added to the subscription.
- The subscription can be cancelled at any time via the customer login.
- After your subscription has expired (e.g. after cancellation), the customer login to the portal remains valid. You can use this to reactivate the subscription or to delete all data.
§ 4 - Usage of informations provided
- The document templates, training courses, information packages and everything you find on the portal are the intellectual property of Christopher Eller and are only intended for use by our customers.
- You can download this information and use it internally for your company beyond the subscription period without limitation.
- It is not permitted to pass on the templates to third parties, not even in modified form.
- The use of the templates in other companies outside the customer’s company (e.g. for consulting purposes) is only permitted in the corresponding “Pro 25” or higher plan. However, the use is limited to the complementary use of the templates in the customer’s own consulting business. Distribution of the templates, e.g. through an online shop or advertising them on a website, is not permitted. Please contact us to purchase “Pro 25”.
§ 5 - Amement of the terms and conditions
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, even within the existing contract. This may be necessary, for example, in the event of a change in the legal situation or a significant change in the scope of the current information security standards (around which our product revolves).
- You automatically accept the new TOS as soon as your subscription renews.
- If your current billing cycle is affected, we will contact you at least 14 days in advance. You have the possibility to appeal against the change. If you object, we will try to continue to base your contractual relationship on the old Terms. If this is economically unreasonable for us or not possible for other organisational reasons, we will refund the current subscription period on a pro rata basis.